Saturday, January 8, 2011

Meditations of a Plumber Priest


Fr. Dale Matson
01-08-10
For those of you who follow what I have written with any regularity I am pleased to announce that I have written a book of meditations which is composed partly of topics addressed here on the Soundings site and brief homilies from Morning Prayer. I make no pretense that it is profound or breaks new ground for I am an ordinary person. The topics are also ordinary with a look at life through the eyes of someone who has passed from death into life. Even if there were no Heaven, and there is, I would be a Christian. The Christian life has meaning and mission provided by God. It is the only life that is not self-destructive. It is an ongoing dialogue with God In the power of the Holy Spirit. It is a life in service to others not an attempt to exploit or have dominion over others. I am a weak person who owes all of my strength to Christ. Christ has not just come to me through my service to others. Christ has come to me primarily through the selfless assistance I have received from others. I have never taken this for granted and marvel at how often even now that I turn aside the grace of God. The meditations are intended to comfort and exhort others. The Book is titled “Meditations of a Plumber Priest” and available through Amazon Books or Barnes and Noble. I took the cover photograph in McClure Meadow on the John Muir Trail.

No comments: