Sunday, April 24, 2022

Hope

Hope

Fr. Dale Matson


Click On Photograph To Enlarge
Bald Eagle Chicks

At age 77, it is easy for Satan to attack my mind and buffet my body. He is called the liar and murderer and I would add the terms obfuscator and discourager.

I probably spend too much time on the internet in general and YouTube in particular, although I do have my own YouTube channel. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0G3jx2PLv6FOw2NM5Aa6Yw

My future daughter-In-Law once described the internet as, “The Devil”. At the time my younger son (her fiancĂ©) was caught up in “EverQuest”. The role play game is aptly named. One of his friends had even dropped out of college to play this game full time.

I think the internet can be a source of edification, comfort and hope too. I recently came across a video about a young man afflicted with Cystic Fibrosis. He had given up hope and decided to stop his life sustaining treatments. His family and friends convinced him to resume his treatments and he joined a gym and hired a professional body building coach. The first photo of him at the gym is difficult to view. He eventually placed in a body building competition. I have included a link to this video and hope you will take the time to watch his heroic story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezIdwQKmLGA 

Jared’s story breathed new life into me too. One of the thoughts that continually shuts me up is that I have nothing left to say. After watching that video, I was inspired to comment on it and have even more ideas in my mental cue. And that is how this old man again becomes a river of living water again instead of a stagnant pond. 


  


3 comments:

Undergroundpewster said...

Sometimes I think the internet has so many opinions that there is little point in adding my own because it has probably already been said by someone else, but isn't that a bit like thinking that there is no point in writing out a sermon or a Biblical commentary because it has already been done by someone else? We do it anyway. The internet gives us trolls as well as honest criticism (I was once accused of writing something Pelagian). Unfortunately, most preachers in a church setting only get praise and no criticism on Sunday following their efforts so errors can grow in their thinking.

Anonymous said...

UGP, There is always more room for Truth. You have been faithful and courages for many years. I thank God for your blog.

Dale Matson said...

P.S.
I once had a parishioner tell me after a sermon that a loving God would never send anyone to Hell and if I ever preached that again, he would not come back. I have since preached on Hell but he never returned after the first time.