Thursday, April 7, 2022

Mass of Chrism Anglican Diocese Of San Joaquin 2022


Fr. Dale Matson



After a two-year hiatus because of Covid, we were again able to gather together for the Mass of Chrism. This is a holy obligation for our clergy and during this mass, we repeat our ordination vows and the bishop blesses the three oils. I go into more depth in a previous report. 

https://sanjoaquinsoundings.blogspot.com/2019/04/anglican-diocese-of-san-joaquin-annual.html

I have retired from my regular duties but participated when not taking photos. You will not see me since I was the photographer.

It was good to have a meal with the clergy following the mass. The bishop then gave a state of the diocese message. A positive note is that we are still attracting younger clergy here and some were introduced by bishop Menees. The mass was held at the lovely campus of St. Michael The Archangel Anglican Church in Fresno CA. There are more photos this year and less of my talk. 

Christ is the answer.

Dale+

Click on photos to enlarge

















































I have made full size file photos available to our diocese.





No comments: